There is no “Start” to tap Windows Phone, that’s windows mobile.
- From the home screen swipe left to your app list, then Tap “Settings”.
- Swipe left to “Applications” and tap “Internet Explorer”
- Tap to uncheck the “Allow cookies on my phone” box.
- The brightness of the phone should be kept as low as possible in which you think can adjust to operate the phone normally
- For lithium based batteries it is recommend that once per month you should use all the power in your battery, then charge it completely before unplugging the charger.
- If you’re in an area with a low signal, the phone will boost it’s signal power, consuming battery. If possible, avoid these areas.
- Also the vibration of the phone is one thing which consumes the battery more .. so , if you think you dont need the vibration facility then do check it and make it off…
- Try to keep your phone in power saver mode or sleep mode should be activated…
- Bluetooth ,GPS ,wifi are the features which should be turned off when not in use…
- Unnecessary apps being opened in the background also consumes battery … So , close them when not in use …
To save battery power, note the following:
- Set your phone to check for new mail less frequently or even by request only. On the start screen, open up the email account you want to modify, and tap the three dots (…) in the right bottom corner of the inbox screen, and then tap Settings > sync settings and change the setting for Download new content.
- Some apps may run in the background unnecessarily. On the start screen, swipe left, tap Settings, swipe to applications and tap background tasks. Tap the app you want to block, and tap block. Especially Lumia; please check that Nokia Drive+ Beta app is blocked (set to Off) in background tasks.
- Close the apps you are not using, to do that, press Back key. For example, when you are finished taking a picture, press the Back key to exit the camera viewfinder.
- Set the screen switch off after a short time, go to Settings > lock screen (Lock+wallpaper) and change the setting for Screen times out after.
- Lower the screen brightness, go to Settings > brightness > Level. Switch the Automatically adjust to Off and select the level.
- Nokia Lumia Amber Windows Phone 8: Change the setting for Nokia Glance Screen, go to Settings >glance, and select Standby screen either Off or Timed.
Use network connections selectively
- Switch Bluetooth off when you do not need it, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and then slide the Status (Searching and discoverable) toggle to Off.
- Use a Wi-Fi connection to connect to the internet, rather than a mobile data (E, G, 3G, H+, 4G) connection.
- Stop your phone scanning for available Wi-Fi networks if those are not available, go to Settings > WiFi (Windows Phone 8: Advanced), and uncheck the box next to Notify me when new networks are found.
- Switch off location services if not needed – so the phone will not look up your location frequently in the background (Settings > Location services > Off).
- Use NFC on only when needed. To switch the tap+send feature off, go to Settings > tap+send, and switch NFC sharing toggle to Off.
- Switch off Connect with Xbox LIVE when you not need it, go to Settings, swipe to applications and tap games.
- Windows Phone 8: Stop your phone connecting to Xbox Music cloud collection go to Settings > Applications > Music+Videos, and switch all relevant settings off.
Anything else I need to know?
- Always charge the battery fully. Check Settings > battery saver > battery information. Note that older chargers may not fully charge the battery.
- Mute unnecessary sounds and functions, such as key press sounds and vibra. To do that, go to Settings > ringtones+sounds.
- Use wired headphones, rather than the loudspeaker.
- Make sure that your phone is running the latest software to get battery related improvements. Please check also that your phone apps are up-to-date.