You have a new BlackBerry Smart Phone like Z10. First thing you may want to do is to transfer contacts from your old phone to new BlackBerry Phone. Your contacts might be in an android phone, iPhone, Windows Phone, Outlook, Windows 8 or even old BlackBerry phone.
It is easy to transfer contacts to BlackBerry Phone like Z10. I will try to cover all the possible ways you can transfer contacts from your old phone to new phone.
Transfer contacts from Old BlackBerry to New BlackBerry like Z10
You have your contacts in old BlackBerry phone like BlackBerry Bold, Torch, Curve etc. You can import contacts and other data to your new BlackBerry Phone like Z10 or Q10 easily.
1. Download & Install BlackBerry Link on your Computer. It works for both Windows PC & Mac.
2. Connect your old BlackBerry Phone to computer using USB cable. Open BlackBerry Link Program on your computer If it does not open automatically. Click on “Transfer Data” to transfer contacts, media like photos, videos, files to new BlackBerry Phone. It copies data from old BlackBerry Phone.
3. Connect your new BlackBerry Phone like Z10 to computer and follow on screen instructions to import contacts etc.
All the contacts stored on your old phone memory will be transferred. If you have any contacts in SIM card, you need to save contacts to Phone internal memory. You can also transfer contacts from Old Phone to SD card and import contacts from SD card to new phone.
Transfer contacts from Old BlackBerry to New BlackBerry like Z10 via SD Card
1. If your old phone is BlackBerry 7 OS or later, You can use Device Switch to transfer data like contacts to your new phone. BlackBerry Bold, Torch, Curve etc have BlackBerry 7 OS.
2. On your old BlackBerry Phone, Tap Search > search for “Device Switch”. Go to Set Up > Device Switch > Using Media Card > Save Data.
3. You may want to uncheck any data you don’t want to transfer like email etc. Tap Continue to create a backup file.
4. Remove SD card & Insert it into new BlackBerry Phone. Enter backup to start importing contacts etc.
How to transfer contacts from android to BlackBerry like Z10
If your old phone is an android phone like Galaxy S, S2, S3, Nexus 4 etc, Your contacts might be Google or Gmail account.
1. Login to your Gmail account on your Computer and Click on Gmail > Contacts. If you see your contacts here, you are good to go. If you don’t see your contacts, Sync your android phone contacts to Gmail account.
2. On your new BlackBerry 10 phone, Go to Settings > Account > Add Account. Add your Google/Gmail account. Your contacts will be transferred to your BlackBerry Phone.
This method works for any android phone like Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S3, Note, Note 2, Motorola, Droid Razr, HTC One X, Sony Xperia etc.
Transfer contacts from Windows Phone to BlackBerry like Z10
If your old phone is Windows Phone 7 or 8 etc, Your contacts might be in Windows Live Account, Outlook or Hotmail account. Your Windows Phone contacts are normally synced to Your Microsoft Account automatically.
1. On your new BlackBerry 10 phone, Go to Settings > Account > Add Account. Add your Windows Live account like Outlook, Hotmail etc. Your contacts will be transferred to your BlackBerry Phone.
This works for any Windows Phone like Nokia Lumia 920, 820, 810, 822, HTC 8X, Samsung Focus, Samsung Ativ etc.
Transfer contacts from iPhone to BlackBerry like Z10
If you have your contacts on your iPhone like iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or iPhone 4 etc, You can transfer contacts from iCloud to BB10. Or, You can sync contacts to Google or Windows Live account first to transfer them to BlackBerry. You can sync contacts using iTunes or You can email them to Your Google or Gmail account. It also works other iPhones like iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS.
1. If you have iCloud turned on your iPhone, Your contacts might be in iCloud. You can easily transfer contacts from iCloud to BlackBerry 10 like Z10, Q10 etc.
2. On your BlackBerry 10 phone, Go to Settings > Account > Add Account. Add your iCloud account like below. Your contacts will be transferred to your BlackBerry Phone.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Server Address: caldav.icloud.com
Make sure to use iCloud.com email address. You should not use Apple ID. Apple ID is different from iCloud email address. If you never used iCloud email address, You can setup iCloud email address on your iOS device like iPhone, iPad etc first before adding it on BB10 device.
1. If you have your contacts on iCloud, You can download them as VCF or vCard file from iCloud. On your Computer, Go to iCloud site and sign in with Apple ID and password.
2. After logging into iCloud website, Click on Contacts > Select Any contact > Select All contacts with Ctrl+A > Settings > Export vCard …
3. Download vCard file to your computer and send it as email to yourself.
4. On your BB10 device, go to that email and open the vCard file to import contacts to BlackBerry 10 Phone.
1. Connect your iPhone to Computer using USB cable. Open iTunes > Info Tab > Check “Sync Contacts With” > Select Google Contacts in the drop down etc.
2. Click configure to enter your Google username & password. Click Apply at the bottom of the screen sync contacts to Google account.
3. On your new BlackBerry 10 phone, Go to Settings > Account > Add Account. Add your Google/Gmail account. Your contacts will be transferred to your BlackBerry Phone.
1. If you don’t want to use iTunes, Download My Contacts Backup from Apple AppStore & Install it on your iPhone.
2. Open the app and Tap on Backup to create contacts file. It has option to create vcf file. Email contacts file to Google account.
3. Login to your Gmail account to import contacts file into Gmail account.
4. On your BlackBerry 10 phone like Z10, Go to Settings > Account > Add Account. Add your Google/Gmail account. Your contacts will be transferred to your BlackBerry Phone.
Import VCF file contacts to BlackBerry like Z10
If you have your contacts in a vcf file, You need to import VCF file to Google or Gmail account. This is same as below Outlook export. Add same Google account to BlackBerry to get contacts on your BlackBerry.
Transfer contacts from Outlook to BlackBerry
Your contacts might be in Microsoft Exchange or OutLook on your computer. Open Outlook or Outlook Express on your computer and Click on File > Import and Export > Comma Separated Values (Windows) > select Contacts > export to a file.
You can import this CSV file into Google account or Windows Live account like Hotmail or Outlook etc.
If you want to import CSV file into Gmail account, Login to Gmail account. Go to contacts as shown below to import contacts into Gmail. Once your contacts are Google, add the same Google account to BlackBerry to transfer contacts to BlackBerry.