You have a new BlackBerry Smart Phone like Z10. First thing you may want to do is to transfer contacts from your old phone to new BlackBerry Phone. Your contacts might be in an android phone, iPhone, Windows Phone, Outlook, Windows 8 or even old BlackBerry phone.
Transfer contacts for blackberry Z10
With the release of BlackBerry Link v1.0.1 for Windows, a new feature has been added that allows you to import your local contacts and calendar appointments stored in Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. To help you get started, listed below are details on how to install (or upgrade) to the latest version of BlackBerry Link for Windows followed by a quick overview of the new Import From Microsoft Outlook option.
Note: This feature supports import of locally stored contacts and calendar appointments that are not syncing to an online source. If your Microsoft Outlook contacts and calendar appointments are syncing with an online source such as GMail or Microsoft Exchange, simply add these accounts on your BlackBerry 10 device to sync with this data wirelessly.
How to install or upgrade BlackBerry Link for Windows
If you have not installed BlackBerry Link yet, visit http://blackberry.com/blackberrylink and follow the instructions to download and install BlackBerry Link for Windows. If you have already installed BlackBerry Link, you will be automatically prompted to install BlackBerry Link for Windows v1.0.1.
Note: For those that use a Mac, check out the following post for more information > BlackBerry Link 1.0.1 for Mac now available
Importing contacts and calendar data during device migration or during the new device setup wizard
If you are upgrading to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, after installing BlackBerry Link you’ll be able to import your Outlook contacts and calendar appointments during the device migration process. If you are connecting a BlackBerry 10 smartphone to BlackBerry Link for the first time, you will also be able to import your contacts and appointments during the new device setup wizard.
When prompted, complete the following steps to import your Outlook contacts and calendar details to your new BlackBerry 10 smartphone:
1. On the Import Contacts and Calendar Appointments from Microsoft Outlook screen, click the Transfer Data button
2. Select the Microsoft Outlook profile containing the data to be imported.
3. Use the checkboxes to select the data to be imported.
- Calendar appointments occurring in the last 30 days or in the future will be imported to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
4. Click Next.
Once you have imported your Outlook contacts and appointments, you can update your contacts at any time by following the instructions in the next section.
Importing Outlook Contacts and Calendar data from BlackBerry Link device settings
If you have already set up your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete the following steps to import your Outlook contacts and calendar details:
1. Open BlackBerry Link for Windows.
2. Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to the PC using a USB cable.
3. In BlackBerry Link, click on the name of your BlackBerry smartphone followed by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner to open the settings menu.
4. Click Import From Outlook.
Note: An upcoming release of BlackBerry Link will support full two-way synchronization.
Caution: A pop-up message may appear if you have previously imported data from Microsoft Outlook to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link. Importing the data again will add new contacts and calendar appointments, but will not update any existing records that have been modified on the device.
5. On the Import Your Contacts and Calendar Appointments screen, select the data to import by clicking the Contacts and/or Calendar appointments checkboxes. Click Next followed by Ok to transfer your data.
6. On the Data Transfer Complete screen, click Finish.
7. Click Close Settings to return to the normal media and document view.